My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, August 8, 2010

The World on My Plate

I started reading Women, Food, and God earlier this week. I had to read the Prologue twice. Truthfully, I found it challenging to stay open minded while reading the Prologue. Roth discusses a link between spirituality and food, how our relationship to food is an exact microcosm of our relationship to life. This was very difficult to digest. Roth says everything we believe about God is revealed in how, when, and what we eat.

All I could think of was what my relationship to food was saying about my relationship with God (or Spirit as I like to call It.) Although I consider myself a deeply spiritual person, it is not something I necessarily need (or want) to share with others. My relationship with God is very personal and very private. Hmm…so does this mean my relationship with food is very personal and very private? Okay, I understand this. However, I feel I have a very loving and healthy relationship with God; I cannot say I feel the same way about food.

Right now I’m just sitting with these ideas as I move on to see what the first chapter has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment