My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 21 - Food Journal

Breakfast

Triple berry smoothie with protein powder
coffee and water

Lunch

BBQ skinless chicken breast, cabbage
water

Snack

Popcorn

Dinner

Small turkey wrap (turkey, cheese, banana peppers)
water

*****

Awesome August - Workout #17: Squats, crunches, plank

I did not leave the house today. I was so afraid I'd end up in the store buying junk food that I decided to stay in.

What I need to do is stay in the present. When I dwell about the past or start thinking about the future, it triggers the thoughts and emotions that I want to sedate with sugar and other junk. I am so surprised by these anxious thoughts. After all, I am the one who decided to end the relationship. I finally had to admit that it was toxic and I could no longer stay in that space. At first I was so relieved, now I am experiencing this. I don't even know what to call it. Grief, maybe?

I have plans to meet a friend for lunch tomorrow. I'm glad it's someone who understand the journey I am on right now. I've already warned her that I want to talk.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about avoiding the store! Sometimes it takes me a whole week to work up the courage to go food shopping. Then, I go with a list and get ONLY what's on the list.

    Good luck! :-D

    ReplyDelete