My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Friday, April 17, 2009

Woman plans her way, God directs her steps

Today has been a great fitness day. I left on my way to Azalea Park and ended up walking around Martin's Lake. The first thing I noticed when I got out of the van was a beautiful blue heron. I stood there and watched him. It was so awesome to be about four feet from this beautiful bird.

So, I start my walk. The next thing I know I decide to go around the lake. Why? It's something I always wanted to be able to do so I decided spontaneously to make a milestone. Wow! The nature trail was pretty rugged. I don't think I will do it again. However, I did it. It took me 50 minutes. Hooray for me!

I came home and had a nice salad and my favorite black bean/kidney bean side. Yummy! Then, I did my strength training.

I really need to focus on hydration. For almost a week, my urine has been darker than usual. With the weather warming up, I need to stay on track with this.

I can't remember the total mileage around the lake. As soon as I find out, I will update my post.

UPDATE: The walking path encircling the lake is 2.4 miles.

*****

One thing I want to share is my emotional state. I am noticing that there are times I just start crying when I am walking. One of my friends told me it is just my body releasing cellular memory. Well, I've been releasing a lot lately. It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment