My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mind and Body

The scriptures say, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

This was not the case with me today. The flesh was willing and my mind started giving out on me. I did not feel like walking today. My head hurt. My neck was stiff. My back ached. I did my stretching but I didn't feel any better. I spent a few minutes meditating quietly. I then put on my sneakers, grabbed my iPod and shades, and hit the road.

I started feeling pretty good after the first half mile. Then, my mind started....okay, at least you got out here turn around. Okay, go back after you get to this stop sign. This is enough. I ignored the thoughts and kept going. I told myself my body could do this.

It's so funny because I knew if I turned around I would be so disappointed in myself. I wasn't in the mood to deal with those thoughts later. I just kept pushing through and before I knew it I was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment