My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Thursday, April 2, 2009

Flexibility

One of the most important things I learned from my Yoga instructor is honoring my body.

I had oral surgery today. I'm not feeling so great. So, I am taking today off instead of Friday. Truthfully, this is a huge mental struggle for me. I am so afraid of altering my training schedule. I am so afraid I will slip back into my old habit of inactivity. I am determined for this not to happen.

I had a chiropractic adjustment today. Today Dr. Gellman told me he noticed more tightness on my right side. Overall, he says I'm doing fine. This is a good feeling. It's such a big switch to hear positive things from my doctors over the past few months. It's also a big switch not to be asked to come back so frequently.

One thing I know I can do no matter how I feel is stretch. This has become a daily practice for me. Regular stretching provides so many benefits--flexibility, reduced stress, increased circulation.

During this training cycle I will focus on learning more stretching exercises. I think I'll pick a new exercise each week to practice. With that said, I'm off to pick my stretching exercise of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment