My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Shopping Trip

I hate shopping. I have never like shopping. Even when I was much smaller, shopping was not for me. In and out. I really don't understand people who can shop for hours. Shopping for clothes two weekends in a row was not fun, but it was a necessary. My nice summer pants are huge. I can't believe number 1 can't wear them at all and number 2 I was able to wear at all--they are huge which means I was huge. I wonder if I will ever like shopping...even when I drop more weight.

Anyhow, I finally found some things that fit. I was extremely bummed after the first visit to a store. Apparently I'm in between sizes -- 24 and 22. Pants either fit in the waist and are too big everywhere else, or they fit everywhere else and are too snug in the waist. Nice figure, huh?

Oh, by the way, despite all my binging and lack of exercise last week, I dropped one pound.

So, my lovely partner in crime suggested elastic. YUCK! Even I know elastic is usually not cute. However, I managed to find two pairs of linen pants (at The Avenue) that have partial elastic waistbands. I already know they will be too big by the end of the summer but it's okay. I'm happy and I don't plan on going into another clothing store until the fall.

Oops! I'm supposed to be buying something a little out of my comfort zone. I haven't found anything yet. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment