My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Monday, April 6, 2009

My Healthy Directions

I forgot to mention that I received a call from a healthy living service offered through my employer. When I was having critical health issues, they were calling me once a month. They have since gone to quaterly calls. Saturday they told me they would check in with me next year. Lol! It feels good to be doing so well. I was happy to read off my latest numbers. My BMI has even gone down.

Anyhow, they set up a dietician call for me. I received the call today. While I appreciate the effort, it really wasn't worth my time. It wasn't as personalized as I thought. It sounded like she was simply reading off a chart. I've tried the recommended American Diabetes Association's diet before. It didn't work for me. My numbers were higher than usual.


I did learn that I need to work more grains and protein into my daily diet. She also recommended eating a few nuts in between meals. She also recommended that I did not start my day with a piece of fruit. Supposedly it spikes your sugar and causes hunger. I don't experience this. I really don't like breakfast so eating the banana or apple was really working for me. If I don't do this, I end up eating junk. Today I ended up eating the leftover frozen pizza for breakfast. Anyhow, it suggested a piece of toast with peanut butter. I purchased some low carb bread and willl try this for the rest of the week. I also got some turkey to make sandwiches for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment