My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fat Like Me, et. al.

Yesterday I walked this Lifetime movie titled Fat Like Me. It's a docudrama about this high school girl who did a documentary on her experience wearing a fat suit. Although most of the movie was cheesy, there were some really painful moments. I was not a heavyweight in high school. However, I could relate to some of her experiences. People who feel they need to comment on your weight. Like you don't know you need to lose weight? Or, people who I just downright rude or degrading.

Today I watched Dr. Phil. His show was about obese, I mean severely, overweight children. This 3 yr. old is prediabetic, a 10 yr. old who may have to have her gallbladder removed, etc. Now this was painful to watch. A lot of it comes down to lack of knowledge. Why would you feed your obese child hotdogs and all sorts of junk food. Now, the overweight parents I understood because they have poor eating habits. However, why would you feed your child something you wouldn't even it?

Anyhow, after watching both of these shows, I still managed to eat two cupcakes and half a blueberry muffin today. This was a stupid thing to do but I was really carving junk today. I'm not sure why. I thought about it as I walked and did my strength training today but didn't come up with anything. I guess it was just one of those days. Well, I'm off to do some crunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment