My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, September 1, 2013

Hello September!

Hello September! I am feeling really good. I am right where I wanted to be with my running. I wish things were better in the weight department but that is coming. I was cleaning last weekend and saw my fat loss monitor. I need to take that out and start using it again.

So, now that I have the Couch to 5K passed me, I can slowly start getting back to the gym. Running really takes a lot out of me but I know that rest, hydration, and proper nutrition is going to help me become a better runner and drop some pounds.

I am starting the month off right and going to the gym later on today. I haven’t decided whether I am going to practice my swimming or hit the weights. I spent some time for the past two nights reading through some running blogs. I like one runner’s suggestion to run and do strength training on the same day. This way you could some other cross training like swimming, cycling, or yoga on a non-running day to give your body a break from high intensity work. The problem for me is that I do not know if I have enough energy on a running day to also do weights. I tried it a few times during the C25K and I was wiped out. I definitely want to get back to Spin class. I miss Spin. However, for me, Spin is like adding a fourth running day.  Again, rest, hydration, and proper nutrition are going to be key.

I have the following song on my running playlist. It really helps me through those tough spots:

No comments:

Post a Comment