My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Thursday, September 12, 2013

Happy Birthday!


I did it! I ran 3.1 miles. It was my birthday present to me. I almost gave up before trying. I was so nervous. One of the things I noticed was that I had to hold back on my pace. I was worried that I was going to run out of steam. Whenever I started getting a little weary, I told myself…”you can take a walk break once you get to that cone, just make it to that tree…” Before I knew it, I was done!

I am still in disbelief. I can't believe I did it! I ran three miles nonstop! I’ve recently accomplished two of my fitness goals:

Completing the Couch to 5K plan
Running 3.1 miles on my birthday

Now my goal is to continue running three times a week (I’ll run another personal 5K in two weeks) and consistently doing strength training at least twice a week. Both my GYN and Endocrinologist keep telling me strength training will really help improve my health. I need to stick with it. Thank God tomorrow is a rest day. My arms are still sore from Tuesday's workout.

This has been one of the best birthdays. This afternoon I treated myself to a pedicure. Tomorrow I am getting an adjustment and massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment