My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thirsty Thursday

Tonight’s run sucked! I was not happy at all. Within the first five minutes, I was taking a walk break. I am becoming more accepting that walk breaks are supportive of my running goals. I just do not understand why I am having such a hard time lately running nonstop. I’ve done it before.

More than anything I think it has to do with inadequate sleep and hydration. Even though I have been going to bed at a decent hour, I still find it hard to fall asleep until 11 or midnight. Tonight I plan to meditate for 15 minutes before going to bed. Hopefully, this will help.

I also need to do better with my hydration. Today I took a look at my pee. It’s way too yellow. I would say I was about a 4. Not too bad, but not good either.


I’m not good with drinking plain water consistently and I do not like putting a bunch of artificial sweeteners in my water. I’ve tried lemons and limes. This last for a couple of days and then I’m bored with it. Today when I was at Whole Foods I picked up some packets of Ultima Replenisher. I’ve had it before. It was pretty good. I feel comfortable drinking more than one packet of this a day before it doesn’t have any artificial junk in it. I think I’m going to get a large container tomorrow.


I also think I need to push myself more to build my endurance. Tomorrow I plan to walk four miles. The Elliptical is great exercise but I’m thinking my primarily cross-training activity should be walking. I have actually one month until the Big Pumpkin 5K and I’m feeling a little nervous….

On another note, I saw buzz on Twitter about FitBloggin’ being in Savannah next year. Since it’s only a six hour drive for me, I really should go. I mean I lurk on quite of few blogs and it would be nice to meet some of the people I follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment