My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WTH! Wednesday


It took me about 20 minutes to get out of bed this morning. I wasn’t feeling my workout but I prayed and went out to conquer it anyhow. I was feeling great. I gave myself a pep talk about how accomplished I was going to feel, it's only 30 minutes, etc.

Five minutes into my run, these two little dogs come out of nowhere barking up a storm. I stop and try not to panicked, pissed that I still haven’t gone to the store to get pepper spray. I keep talking myself out of it thinking it won’t be necessary. I’m standing there trying to be calm and this dude is taking his sweet time (at least this is my perception) getting his dogs! He didn't say, sorry maam; I'm going to get them; they won't bite; nothing. I wanted to say something to him but didn't want to provoke his dogs. Who knows...maybe he was speaking for the same reason.

I start running again. Five minutes later I see this guy with his dog. I'm thinking, really? Usually it's so quiet out here. Just me, a few cars, and people walking to the bus stop. I can’t tell if this dog is on a leash. In hindsight, I should have turn away as soon as I saw the dog. Now this dog is barking and charging toward me. The guy, who looked half asleep, takes his time pulling the leash. He at least says sorry and good morning. I run a few more yards and a car speeds pass me. I’m thinking this morning I’m either going to get bit or it. I head for home. I was able to complete a mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment