My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Workout Wednesday

Today was supposed to be a run day. It's been raining all day. I haven't worked up the courage to run in the rain. I debated about completing my run on the treadmill. I decided against it. I've been doing so well. My knees don't do so well on the treadmill, even when I'm walking for more than a few minutes.

I decided I'd do weights and the Elliptical and pray it doesn't rain tomorrow. I was so sore yesterday. I felt pretty good until about 2 pm and then DOMS set in. I need to be more diligent about stretching and using my foam roller. This is one of the reasons why I'm not consistent about lifting weeks. So, I'm going to do my best to keep up with the twice a week routine, maybe add another day.

One of my Facebook friends posted something about a class she will be teaching. It starts October 3 and will run through the end of the year. Supposedly, this is the last 90 days of the year. This has me thinking about what I can accomplish for the last 90 days of the year. Well, I have three 5Ks planned. I plan to be more consistent with meal prep. If possible, I may take additional swim lessons.

During my ride from the gym I started thinking about what I'm going to do about running throughout the winter. I really do not like running on the treadmill. I guess I need to figure out what it is about my form or shoes or whatever it is that causing my knee to hurt after running on a treadmill.

I have one month until the Big Pumpkin 5K. I am starting to get nervous. I am not going to doubt myself. I am going to keep on working out. As long as I have done my best to prepare, this is all I can ask of myself, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment