My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Monday, September 16, 2013

Motivational Monday

I spent over half the day talking myself in and out of going running today. Then, all of sudden, at 7:00, I got dressed and headed out of the door. Up until the end of my five-minute warm up, I thought I was going to end up walking. I started my "wog" and pushed through for the entire 30 minutes.

I had about ten minutes left and it started getting dark. There wasn't much traffic on the Greenway. I was not feeling so comfortable. When I had about three minutes left, I noticed this creepy looking dude. At that point, I pulled out my pepper spray and finished my cool down. I wasn't sure if it was the dude or the fact that it seemed dark earlier than usual that was making me uneasy.

Funny thing is I get on Facebook one of my friends, the one who has most inspired me to run, mentioned being at the Greenway and it getting dark all of sudden. She also mentioned that same creepy dude. It seems I missed her by about 15 minutes. I guess we both found out it is getting dark earlier now that summer is almost over.

I am glad I got out there and completed my workout. I kept reminded myself that I really want to give myself my best shot at meeting my goal of running nonstop during the Big Pumpkin 5K. The more I push myself now the better runner I will become.


No comments:

Post a Comment