My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Monday, July 30, 2012

Week Six, Day Two


Week Six, Day Two



I DID IT!  I ran for 20 minutes! It took me so long to get myself together this morning.  I was so nervous I wanted to cry.  When I finally get out the door and start my warm up, I realize I forgot my hat.  I’m a creature of habit.  Not having my hat really made me comfortable.  I wanted my hat! Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to go back and get it.  So, I focused on my music and started running when I heard the prompt.  This is when the mind started:  You’re not ready.  It’s okay if you have to repeat this.  Why did you start this?  This went on for about five minutes.  I eventually let it go and turn my attention but to my music and enjoyed my workout.  I was so happy when I heard that “you are halfway done” prompt! 
Then, I came to that little incline that has been giving trouble.  I thought about changing my route but didn’t.  This is when I told myself, the mind wants to quit but the body is fine.  I just kept repeating this.  I felt so badass!  I used the decline to help me recover and catch my breath.  "Two minutes left….one minute left.  Coodown. Workout complete."  I headed home with the biggest grin on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment