My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, July 7, 2012

C25K: Week Three, Day One

I did it! I’ve been so nervous about today’s workout.  Thursday and Friday I couldn’t stop thinking about the fact that I was going to have to run for three minutes today – twice! I prayed.  I meditated.  I did some visualization.  I whined to my friends Bianca and DJ.  They both truly understand what I’m going through.  They each have lost over 100 pounds and are now runners.  It’s always comforting to hear their words of assurance.

Today my mantra was:  My mind will quit before my body does.

This morning I got up scared out of my mind.  I prayed and did some positive self-talk.  I told myself that if others could do it I could too… all I have to do is trust the process and my God.  Well, here I am all sweaty, proud, and grateful!  Truthfully, I think I had another three minute run in me.  It wasn’t as bad as I imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment