My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, January 31, 2009

My body has Divine Intelligence

I love affirmations. I work with them from time to time. A few years after my hysterectomy I taped the following Louise Hay affirmation to my monitor. Since I started my training, I’ve been repeating it out loud:

In the infinity of life where I am,
all is perfect, whole and complete,
I recognize my body as a good friend,
Each cell in my body has Divine Intelligence,
I listen to what it tells me, and know that its advice is valid,
I am always safe, and Divinely protected and guided,
I choose to be healthy and free,
All is well in my world.


Well, yesterday I listened to my body after it told me to focus on the Mountain Pose. This seemed rather simple. When you think about it, the Mountain Pose is the foundation of most poses. So, my training will improve if I focus on the foundation or core of my body. Well, I discovered that the mountain pose was a bit more challenging than I thought.

First of all, I spend way too much time on my butt in front of a computer. As a matter of fact, I should call my program, Computer to 5k. Lol! Over half of my waking day is spent sitting in front of a computer. So, simply standing still for some time was challenging. I could feel the tension in my shoulders, thighs, and lower back. I had trouble keeping my breath deep and even. I worked on variations of the Mountain Pose for 30 minutes yesterday. I feel a little soreness this morning so obvious I used some muscles that need strengthening. I worked on the Mountain Pose first thing this morning and I plan to do this every day next week. Check out some of the benefits of the Mountain Pose:

Improves posture
Firms thighs, knees, and ankles
Relieves sciatica
Firms abs and buttocks
Improves balance

I am grateful for the advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment