My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Friday, January 16, 2009

The Beginner's Mind

Earlier today I read a post about approaching a fitness program with a beginner's mind. This post really resonated with me. This week was all about surrendering to the process. I did my best to follow my plan.

For instance, on Thursday I was scheduled to walk 10 minutes. The ego kept telling me it wasn't enough. I could go longer, the ego said. I'm not going to get any results walking 10 minutes, the ego continued. I'm perfectly capable of walking longer.

This isn't the point, ego! My goal is to complete this plan with as much compliance as possible. The plan obviously works. Others have used it with much success. So, I completed my 10 minutes knowing I was physically capable of doing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment