My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, February 1, 2009

Week Four

Wow! Time flies when you're having fun, right?

Before I move on to Week Four, I want to comment on yesterday's walk--not good. I went to Azalea Park to walk. I love the "professional path" because of the quarter-mile markers and the ability to sit by the river. It was a bit chilly. I started out okay. My confidence is a bit better when walking here among all the joggers, rollerbladders, and other walkers. Well, about 1/4 mile into my session I had to go to the bathroom (oh great). I ignored it and moved on. About 1/2 mile, my legs felt weak, my back tight, and I felt a little light-headed so I turned around and headed back. I had to stop about 1/4 mile later. I stretched, sat down on a bench, and focussed on my breathing. A friend called so I chatted with her about 5 minutes. She was encouraging. I felt disappointed for stopping in the middle of my work out. I brushed it off and walked the last 1/4 to the Jeep.

Oh, the crunches. Thursday I did 12 out of 15. Cramps! I'm not sure why I cramped. I did them right after my walk so I would assume my body was warm enough. Oh well....

Week Three is over and Week Four begins tomorrow. Today is an off day. I got up this morning and practiced the Mountain Pose for 30 minutes. I'll spend some time throughout the day stretching.

Week Four Plan is as follow:

Monday - 20 mins.
Tuesday - 15 mins., 20 crunches
Wednesday - 24 mins.
Thursday - 15 mins., 25 crunches
Friday - off
Saturday - 32 mins.
Sunday - off

I consider Week Four a milestone. I started this program with the determine to stick to the schedule no matter what's going on. I plan to celebrate the end Week Four with a special treat for myself. Jeju Sauna! I love this space. I'll spend some time relaxing my body by sweating, steaming, and soaking. I can't wait!

I'll work on my shopping list and playlist later on this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment