My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, January 10, 2009

Couch to 5k Training Plan

Okay. I've been reading and researching and I think I've found the plan for me. According to this plan, I will be physically ready for my event in 12 weeks. Here's Week 1:

Monday - Walk 10 mins.
Tuesday - Walk 5 mins.
Wednesday - Walk 16 mins.
Thursday - Walk 10 mins.
Friday - off
Saturday - Walk 20 minutes
Sunday - off

I purchased my sneakers today--Asics Gel-Cumulus 10. They're featured on my page. Big shout out to Jill for recommending the Big Peach Running Co. They do a great job helping you choose the perfect walking/running shoes for you. "The Fit Process" is pretty high tech. You step on this thing that looks like a scale and it shows you how your weight is distributed on your feet and this other technical stuff I don't remember. Truthfully, I just wanted to hear the bottom line--how much? I do remember I have low arches and bear most of my weight in my heels. Next, you get on this treadmill, they study how you walk (or run), and they tell you which type of sneakers are best for your feet. Asics Gel-Cumulus 10, While/Steel Grey/Red. They feel great.

No comments:

Post a Comment