My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Monday, January 19, 2009

Week Two Playlist

I’ve read that there’s a science to choosing an effective workout list. Since I purchased an iPod, I have to admit I enjoy working out to music. I’ve been reviewing workout playlists, but I really can’t get into all that BPM (Beats Per Minute) stuff.

I’ve been told my playlist is all over the place—gospel, rap. Lol! For the most part, Gospel music is my thing. I love Gospel. For the most part, I choose Gospel songs because it is what I like. Being someone who believes in multi-tasking, I figure I can worship and workout at the same time. Come to think of it, there are many who consider physical exercise and working out a spiritual practice. I’m beginning to feel the same way.

I choose my songs, first, based on the motivational messages I receive from them, and then the beat. My process may not be the textbook process but it works for me. I have to admit I’m digging the hip hop and rap songs I’m finding on others’playlists. They’re ostentatious, all about ego and self-confidence; it’s exactly what I need when working out.

My Week Two Playlist is as follows:

Golden – Jill Scott
Sexy Back – Justin Timberlake
Stronger – Myron Butler & Levi
How do you want it – Tupac
Keep Your Head – Kirk Franklin
First Love – Kirk Franklin

Let’s do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment