My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mind Over Matter

You have no idea what your body is capable of doing.

This is the message I got loud and clear while meditating last night.

My mind is the thing that comes up with all the limitations. With proper nutrition and training, I will and can complete this race (pun intended). I will embrace the present and stop worrying about the future. Tomorrow is not promised. All I have is today.

I remember how irritated I would get with my mother when we’d ask her if we could do something and she was respond:

If the Lord is willing….

-Mom, can we go to the park tomorrow?
-If the Lord’s willing….

I hated that answer! Are we going to the park or not? She would be so amused.
She would smile and say, you don’t even know if we’ll be here tomorrow. I guess
there are some who would think this a morbid thing to say to your children. Lol! My parents kept it real with us. They were always pretty direct with us. No sugarcoating in my family. Lol!

When you think about it, she was right. Tomorrow is not promised. All we have is today. My mother knew how to live in the now. All we have is the present. She was teaching me not to worry about the future and just live and enjoy the present moment. I’m still working on this lesson. There are times my mind is all over the place sometimes when I walk:

Am I going to make it? Do I look stupid?
Am I walking fast enough? Am I walking too slow?
How long have I been walking? Am I going to be the
last person to finish the race? Am I going to be the
only person walking?

Blah, blah, blah…. In the meantime, I am not enjoying the Presence, enjoying the fresh air,
enjoying the sights and sounds, enjoying the smiling faces that greet me, enjoying doing something loving for myself.

In this moment, the words of the Scriptures come to me:

Lord, I believe, help thou my unbelief!

No comments:

Post a Comment