My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Three Questions



I was cleaning off my desk and came across three questions I wrote down while watching Oprah one day last month. I don’t watch Oprah on a regular basis. However, this show was about developing healthy eating habits and an overall healthy lifestyle. She encouraged the audience to start a journal. As a starting point, she tossed out a number of questions. I wrote down three of them to tackle in this blog at a later date. Well, here goes:

Why are you overweight?

This one is pretty simple. I’m overweight because I eat too much and I was not very active. My main challenges are portion control and exercise. These areas are my daily focus.

I was not making the right food choices. I was not eating healthy meals. My idea of breakfast was no breakfast. I would drink a couple cups of coffee and call it a day. When I did eat breakfast, it was something sweet. I also had a bad habit a snacking all day. Chips, chips, and more chips…and buttered popcorn. I also have thing cake, cupcakes, and cookies.

My lifestyle is pretty sedentary. I engage in activities that do not require much physical movement – surfing the Internet, reading, scrapbooking, birdwatching. My hobbies do not require much physical assertion.

The bottom line is that I didn’t care about my weight. I really did not care about my weight because I didn’t see the connection between being obese and being unhealthy. Now that I understand the connection, I want to make the change. I want to be a healthy person.

Why do you want to lose weight?

My number one reason for wanting to lose weight is my health. I want to be healthy. I want to feel good. I want energy and vitality.

I also have a spiritual desire to honor God by taking care of my body.

I must admit there are overwhelming vanity reasons I want to lose weight. The older I get, the more I’m beginning to care about my appearance. Not only do I want to feel good. I want to look good, too.

What are you hungry for?

I am hungry for life. I want life and life more abundantly—all that this encompasses. I want wholeness. For me, this means a sharp mind, a strong body, and a peaceful spirit.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment