My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, February 7, 2009

Today was a good day!

Today turned out to be a good day. I was so anxious about my walk today. Since last Saturday's walk was so challenging, I was setting myself up for failure. I took my time stretching and started talking to myself. I prayed and meditated and headed toward the lake. When I got there, I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. What's this all about? I told myself to shut up and get out there and walk. I was going to take my time and finish the course.

Wow! I can't believe I was so bent out of shape about my work out today. It was really quite pleasant. The weather was very nice so there were people everywhere. I walked around my neighborhood lake. I beginning to like this path better than the one at Azalea Park.

My plan of action today was to stop and stretch when I felt my lower back and/left calf tighten. I stopped about three times for less than a minute to stretch on my way back. This plan helped a lot. I then spent more time stretching before my meditation. I went home feeling refreshed, energized, and accomplished. It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment