My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Feel Good!

I'm doing so much better with my healthy eating plan. I was talking to my Yoga/Water Aerobic Instructor/Friend about my eating and she told me I should follow the 80/20 plan. I wasn't familiar with it. Later that day I ran into an article about 80/20. I guess she knew what she was talking about...as usual. The whole concept is to make sure you're eating good food 80% of the time. I am confident I'm doing well in this area. Breakfast is going great for me for the last two weeks. This morning I actually looked forward to eating. I couldn't believe it. My work day starts about 7:30. I've been eating a banana or apple first thing in the morning, then have a bowl of Cheerios or toast and eggs about two or three hours later. This is about as good as it going to get. When I absolutely don't feel like eating, I drink a protein shake. My next challenge is hydration. I've been waking up about 3 or 4 because I'm thirsty and my mouth is really dry.


*******
Switching gears, I received my remaining lab results in the mail the other day. I'm very pleased. My doctor is pleased. I decided to do a comparison between January 2009 and my January 2008 results. Wow! What a difference a year makes!

My A1c is 6.4; it was 7.3. My doctor's goal for me is 6.5. Ultimately, I'd like to get this number below 6. My next appointment is in May. We'll see.

My total Cholesterol is 144; it was 163.
My Triglycerides is 106; it was 215. This is awesome!
My HDL is 49; it was 42.

My Vitamin D level is 50.6; it was 7.2. This is awesome!

In the words of James Brown....I feel good!



No comments:

Post a Comment