My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, February 22, 2009

What a week!

Whew! Am I glad the week is over or what? I was so overwhelmed with work, grading finals, doing admissions interviews, and attending wedding events. I was so busy Saturday that I moved my workout to today. I woke up, had a banana, went to the fitness center in the hotel and did my 45 mins. I walked 1.67 miles. I had so many thoughts going on during my workout this morning.

1. I was very proud of myself for doing it. I was tired, a little hung over, and dehydrated (from all the drinking the night before) but I got on that treadmill anyhow.

2. Walking on a treadmill was a totally different experience than walking on my paths. I missed the fresh air. I was also concerned that I wasn't get a good enough workout. I increased my speed and created an incline.

3. I was disappointed that I didn't log as much distance as I thought I was. I thought I was at least walking up to 2 miles. My thinking is that it's going to take me about an hour to walk the 5k. At the rate I'm going, it's going to be double that time.

4. All I need to worry about is this moment. Why am I worrying about something that's a month away? I'll cross that finish line (smile) when I come to it. I've made a lot of progress and I refuse to disminish my accomplishments with all this negative chatter in my head about distance and time.

5. I can't believe how obssessed (determined?) I've become about getting in my workouts. With everything that was going on, getting in my workout was my number one priority. I was like a madwoman. Yesterday, I was so stressed and pressed for time I made a conscious decision to move my Saturday workout to Sunday. I even had Crystal call to make sure there was a gym at the hotel.

6. Why am I still freaking out when I start to sweat? What is my deal sweat? Use your towel and get over it, Sheila! Weirdo.

Now things are back to normal (whatever that is). Final Grades have been posted. The Admissions Interview period has ended. Sio and Tim are married. Week Six is over.

Week Seven's Workout plan is as follows:

Monday - 35 mins.
Tuesday - 30 mins., 50 crunches, strength training
Wednesday - 40 mins.
Thursday - 30 mins., 50 crunches, strength training
Friday - off
Saturday - 50 mins.
Sunday - off

No comments:

Post a Comment