My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Friday, August 30, 2013

Picking Up the Pace

For the past couple of days I have been thinking about running. One of the things I did that really helped me get through the Couch to 5K program this time is rest between walk/run days. The only thing I did was plank and stretch. Now that I am done with the program, I want to start working on my swimming again. I also want to get back to the weights.

The issue is that I am so wiped out after running. I know this will improve as my running improves. I also know it would help if I dropped more weight and did a better job with my nutrition. It is all so confusing. I do know that I need more energy if I expect to be able to run and do strength training at three times a week.

I’ve been working out off and on for four years so I know how to work out. What I still need to work on is rest, sleep. Even if I go to bed early as planned, I am not falling asleep until around 11. This is not going to work when I am getting up at 5 to run. Even doing this twice a week and saving one of my runs for the weekend, I find I am tired most of the time. I need to rest, hydrate, and pay attention to my nutrition.

Today I did some meal planning. Tomorrow I will be preparing:

• Roasted sweet potatoes
• Sauteed cabbage
• Oven-baked chicken fajitas

Breakfast is usually steel-cut oatmeal and turkey sausage.

I am going to have to learn by trial and error what I can eat that will still help me drop some pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment