My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Monday, August 5, 2013

Couch to 5k: Week Six, Day One

As soon as I got out of bed this morning, I repeated my new favorite mantra:


Because I'd had three days off, I have to admit I was a little nervous about today's workout. Remember the quote above reminded me that the hard part was over. I walk out the door and started to smile as I felt a cool breeze rush across my face. As much as I hate getting up at 5:30 am, I often enjoy how the morning greets me. My perfect weather conditions...cool with a light breeze.

For the most part, it was uneventful. I did get another little sign from nature as this rabbit dashed across my path. The last two minutes were hard but I kept telling myself, you can run for two minutes, you can run for one minute, you can run for 30 more seconds.... Two thumbs up!

The disappointing part was looking down at my app and seeing I had barely ran two miles and my pace was 15-something. I realize I can't get too hung up with those numbers or else I will get discouraged. Right now my focus is on being able to run a 5k without any walk breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment