My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, August 3, 2013

Chia Seeds: Chocolate Protein Shake

I spent some time last night searching through recipes. I really haven't found a recipe yet. I ran across more than dozen smoothie recipes. Since I was so anxious to try the seeds, I just made up my own shake. I noticed the quantity ranged anywhere from 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon. Since I am not sure what to expect, I decided to gradually incorporate them in my diet. Beside of the fiber, I am worried about bloat and gas. With some of the photos and videos I watched last night, Chia seeds kind of remind me of the Metamucil my Dad drinks. I had to drink that stuff for a while after I had surgery. The side effects are not cute. Anyhow, here's what I came up with:

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. Chia seeds
1/2 cinnamon
1 scoop vanilla Whey protein powder

I was going to add ice but decided against it at the last minute. It had a nice, smooth, shake-like consistency. I'll definitely try this again. Next time with a little ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment