My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Monday, August 12, 2013

Couch to 5K: Week Six, Day Three

I did it! Before I could get out of bed, I found myself already giving myself a pep talk about not getting discouraged about not finishing today’s run. When I recognized the internal dialogue I was having with myself, I started my mantra: “90% of life is just showing up.” This really helped me shift my perspective. I told myself 90% of my workout would already be done just by walking out of the door.

Today I really feel like I am beginning to recognize my groove and learn how to pace myself. I contemplated not using my Nike app because I really want to work on improving my pace. I reminded myself that right now my goal is to improve my endurance. All I needed to do today is run 20 minutes.

Like I said, I am beginning to recognize my groove. A few minutes into my run I knew I needed to slow my pace if I wanted to finish. In the end, my pace was right in tune with what it has been all along – 14:50. I thought it was going to be around 16:00. So, I was pleased with that. I was a little disappointed in my distance, which I also do not need to worry about right now. It was two miles. I thought it was going to be closer to two and a half miles.
Nonetheless, I did it and that is all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment