My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Tuesday, November 13, 2012

21-Day Challenge – Workout #12


21-Day Challenge – Workout #11 

Yesterday was my best workout ever.  It was a lower body workout.  My goal was to burn 500 calories.  I burned 447.  I joined this weightlifting for women’s forum on MyFitnessPal.com and a few of the ladies were talking about NewRules of Lifting for Women.  I looked at a few reviews.  I don’t think I’m ready for that.  Others recommended a few weightlifting sites.  I checked out a few.  One of the things I learned last night while reading through some of these sites is that I could make more use of my cardio sessions.  I also think I’m going to find a specific program to follow during the month of December.  I may try a different eating plan too.  However, I would have to discuss that with my OA sponsor. 

Right now I’ve been doing 30-minute sessions on the treadmill, Elliptical, or bike and recently started doing a 15-minute cooldown.  Last night I came across the following Interval Cardio Training plan for lifters.  Unfortunately, I do not remember the site to give proper credit (I tried to find it but couldn’t).  Anyhow, I’m going to try this for the remaining week:

Interval Elliptical or Bike

Mins 1 – 2 – Level 1 (Easy effort)

Mins 3 – 5 – Level 2 (Moderate effort)

Mins 6 – 9 – Level 3 (Difficult effort)

Mins 10 – 11 – Level 2

Mins 12 – 15 – Level 3

Mins 16 – 17 – Level 2

Mins 18 – 21 – Level 3

Mins 22 – 24 – Level 2

Mins 25 – 26 – Level  1 

I’ll probably go to 30 mins on Level 1.  We’ll see how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment