My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, May 15, 2011

C25K: Week Two Lesson – One Workout at a Time

This week I learned not to worry about the next workout. All weekend I spent time worrying about whether or not I should repeat Week Two. I stepped on the treadmill still not knowing what I was going to do. Finally, I hit Week Two, Day 1 and decided I was give it a try. If it didn’t work out, I would do as much as I could. Well, it didn’t work out the way I thought it would. I finished workout! I was so surprised and happy. It was challenging, but doable. I was anxious on Day 2 but I completed it just the same. Day 3 was very hard but I pushed through.

I made a horrible mistake the night before Day 3. I took a sneak peek at Week Three’s workouts. HUGE mistake! All I could think about was whether or not I was going to be able to run three minutes NEXT week. So much for staying present…. I was making myself so anxious about Week Three that I was wasting mental energy I needed to expend for my current workout.

I do not have to worry about the next interval or next workout. I will continue to make progress as long as I keep trying – one workout at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment