My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, May 8, 2011

C25K Week One Lesson: Stay In Your Own Lane


To get to the finish line, you'll have to try lots of different paths.  ~Amby Burfoot

As I approach Week Two of the Couch to 5K running plan, I have been reflecting on what I learned during Week One. First and first most, my training is unique and individualized. I’ve received a lot of advice, encouragement, and even some discouragement. Ultimately, it is about me and what I want from this experience.

Nothing shows you just how unique you are as fitness. I learned this lesson when I first began this journey. The worst thing I can do is compare myself to the person next to me, ahead or behind me. All I thing I need to do is start and finish MY race.

I can learn training plans, stretching routines, and correct form from others. However, how fast I need to go, what I need to eat before and after exercise, how long I need to train, what gear I need, and where I need to train are all questions only me and my body can answer. The bottom line is that I am so happy and proud to be out there trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment