My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Monday, May 2, 2011

C25K - Week One, Day One

OMG! It was brutal! I've been walking/running on the treadmill for about a month or two.  Nothing compares to running outside.  It also probably made a big difference that I have been walking four to five minutes between each one to two minute run.  I've been wishy washy about training on the treadmill vs. outside.  I figure since the race is going to be on the road it's best to train under similar conditions. 

First of all, I was very nervous.  The walking trail I chose has a pretty good mix of inclines.  I was good until the fifth and sixth run.  I couldn't even finish them.  I stopped after 30 seconds on the fifth run and after 50 seconds on the sixth run.  I'm not sure if it was a good idea or not but I repeated both of them.  Running up an incline was pretty challenging but I know in the long run it will be worth it. 

Next, I'm not so sure about my pace.  I think I may need to slow down a bit.  It was only the first day.  Now that the first day jitters are over I can learn what is going to be best for me by trial and error.  I'm also thinking that I may need to repeat Week One.  We'll see....

At any rate, I'm so proud of myself.  I was so afraid I was going to talk myself out of it.  I was feeling a bit self-conscious but I believe I did okay.  Looking forward to day two on Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. great job! C25K is an awesome program, just take it a day at a time

    ReplyDelete