My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, May 7, 2011

C25K - Week One, Day Three

Week One – Day Three


I did it! So very grateful! I definitely need to tackle this on the treadmill for a while. Last night I spent some time viewing some YouTube videos about running form and stretching for runners. Having the correct form and avoiding injury is very important. I just remembered while I was reading about stretches for runners that I had Osgood Schlatters Disease when I was younger. I totally forgot about it. I don’t have any problems with it now but I do see how I’ve probably always had problems with my quads and hamstrings…which manifest as pain in my knees.

I’ve been very conscious about doing squats and lunges. I’m doing my best to keep my quads and hamstrings loose.

Today I slowed down my walking pace to 2.5 mph instead of 3.0 mph and kept my “running” pace at 4.0 mph. Based on most of the things I read last night, the most important things to focus on right now are proper stretching, correct form, and sticking with the routine. I was able to apply some of the techniques I learned last night to my session today and I felt pretty good. So, I plan to move forward to Week Two on Monday.

Here are the stretches are worked on this week.

How to stretch before and after a run

Avoiding shin splints


No comments:

Post a Comment