My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, May 22, 2011

C25K: Week Three Lesson


During Week Three my lesson was borrowed from advice my OA sponsor gave me one day: focus on the effort, not the outcome. Each time I was disappointed about not being able to fully complete the three-minute runs, I reminded myself about how much courage and strength I have just by showing up every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Even though I will be repeating Week Three's runs, I am not admitting defeat.

I do need to put more effort into stretching and doing my core exercises. I have been stretching regularly. I’ve been very lazy about the core work. This week I did notice that it’s taking me longer to feel loose and warmed up. I am going to use my cross training days to schedule these exercises to make sure they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment