My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Monday, May 9, 2011

C25K - Week Two, Day One

Whew! I was so nervous on my way to the gym. I keep trying to stay in a positive space but I could feel my heart beating. I decided I wasn’t going to watch the time today. It really worked out. Just when I thought I couldn’t go on, the lady said, “walk.” I completed each run interval. Yay!
I was feeling all proud of myself and shared my accomplishment with someone. First, she asked me why I was doing it, why I just didn’t walk another 5K. She thinks I’m going to stress myself out. I explained that I need specific goals to help me stay motivated. Then, she encouraged me to aim for only running half of a 5K. Ugh! I felt kind of weird after the conversation. I think, for a while, I’m going to stop sharing my training with people who are not part of my fitness pal/blogging/Twitter community. I just need to continue reminding myself that I am doing this for me and me only.

No comments:

Post a Comment