My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Friday, July 2, 2010

Hotter than July

It's time to turn up the heat on my healthy journey. I decided to stop making excuses about the heat and do something about my exercise plan. I'm still not too comfortable about getting back in the gym. I want to give it a few more weeks. I'm not sure if the reason is mental or physical. I still feel a little pain here and there. The doctor said I have a lot of scar tissue in my abdomen so I have to be careful. Whatever the reason, I have made a conscious decision to honor myself about working out in the gym for now.

Since I have a few exercise DVDs, there's no reason why I can't exercise. So, I pulled out my Biggest Loser - Last Chance Workout DVD. My goal is to do a workout every day this month. I've been very inspired by Kat. She has like 200+ consecutive days of exercise. I'm going to take it one day at a time and see what happens. Today is day two and I feel fine.

Now, I need to get my eating habits back in line. I realize it's emotional eating. Things aren't going so well in the relationship department. I have all the tools to manage my emotions. I just haven't been doing the work. Well, the pity party is over. I'm praying. I'm meditating. I'm journaling.

I also purchased Women, Food, and God by Geenen Roth on Amazon this week. I saw this book mentioned on Bella's blog. I'm looking forward to reading it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila --

    I just requested the Geneen Roth book from the library too! I've read some of her books in the past, so I'm hoping this one will give me a boost as well!

    As for your post, I think exercise is the biggest hurdle to conquer. As a heavy person all my life, I know that exercise is necessary and often make me feel better after I'm done, but getting there is the part I struggle with! I envy those that get "runners' highs" or like to sweat -- I hate to sweat. :(

    I have a few videos to break out soon as well -- good luck on your workout goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila, I bought the last chance workout this winter and haven't tried it yet. I will try it out while you are on your 30 days. Good luck with the 30 days. I managed to go a little longer than a year and then got sick and was on dr's order for no exercise for a couple of weeks. I am easing back into it, but think I will start planning for some rest days. Keep up the good work, it sounds like you are focused and doing what you need to do to take care of yourself. Holler if you need any support and I will be checking in on you soon!!

    ReplyDelete