My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 21 - Last Chance Workout

Great workout today! I feel so much better. I spent some time this morning meditating and being grateful for life.

Today's workout was dedicated to my mother. Today is the 12th anniversary of my her transition. I didn't take it her illness and transition so well. This is when all my issues with food and weight started to magnify. I stuffed my emotions and managed the stress of taking care of her with food. Instead of grieving, I ate. I'm so grateful that I am no longer in that space.

My determination has really been put to the test. This has been a very stressful and emotional month for me. My very dear friend passed away suddenly. We are the same age. In fact, he was my first boyfriend. Two days ago, we decided to end 10-year relationship. This has been a long time coming. Although I feel some relief, there is a lot of anger and sadness. I've been channeling that energy into my workouts and releasing it through breathing meditation. Any other time I would have ran for a nice piece of yellow cake with chocolate frosting or a box of Crunch and Munch. In this moment on my journey, I am reaching out to friends for comfort and taking care of my mind, body, and spirit. I feel great!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that is sweet to dedicate your workout to your mom. I lost my Mom 11 years ago - it will be exactly 11 years on Saturday. Ironically, that is John''s birthday. You are doing so well with your workouts Sheila!

    I am sorry about your friend and your relationship. Loss and grief are both challenging.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete