My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Thursday, November 12, 2009

Highs and Lows

I know I'm going to be rambling so I apologize in advance.

I had a really great workout with Kimberly yesterday.

I've been going for one mile walks during my lunch breaks this week. Yesterday I wasn't going to go because I knew I had my session with Kimberly. Since I am getting back into walking on a regular basis, I decided to go anyhow. Three hours later I walk into the gym and Kimberly announces, cardio day! Lol! I thought she was going to give me a break since I told her I walked during my lunch break. No such luck. Lol! I survived.

She also asked me to get on the scale. No such luck there either. Lol! Well, at least I didn't gain any weight.

********

Today was a beautiful day. I had a really nice walk. My legs, butt, and arms are so sore.

I don't know what's going on with me emotionally. I felt like crying during my walk today. I've been craving junk food and fast food all week. I can't tell you when I've been to McDonald's or any place like that. I'd probably get sick if I ate that stuff right. For whatever reason, I really wanted a yucky McD's cheeseburger yesterday. Then, I thought about purchasing some Crunch and Munch. Later on, I wanted chocolate chip cookies. Right now, I could go for a big bag of chips. I am happy to report I haven't given into those temptations.

I've been hopping online and reading blogs, viewing before/after pics, and reading success stories to give me hope for my own journey. There are a lot of inspiring people out there. For the most part, I'm a lurker, yesterday I probably commented on four or five blogs.

****

I've also been doing a lot of praying and meditating this week. I keep reminding myself that I do not have to give into unhealthy urges. I know one of my triggers is stress. I'm stressed out about work and family issues. Instead of turning to food for comfort, I am turning within and relying on my faith AND moving my butt. In fact, I'm going to grade a few papers and then workout after this post.

I can't wait until these classes are over. I don't think I'm going to accept any more classes for a while. I need a break. I work too much.

*****

I had to go into the office for a meeting this morning. It felt great to get dressed in "real" clothes and feel comfortable in my clothes. Most days I'm in sweats and a t-shirt. One of my coworkers approached me about walking. I was a bit shocked because I think she's probably in better shape. I guess I'm doing a little inspiring of my own.

My manager asked me when I plan to do another 5K. Not sure. I know I'm going to revisit the Publix 5K in March...see how I do one year later.

Okay, I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment