My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, November 22, 2009

Countdown to Christmas Challenge Update

Unfortunately, there is no weight loss to report. No weight gain either. There is always a bright side :-).

I'm feeling a bit discourage and encouraged at the same time. I feel like those people in the biggest loser. You see them working out, sweating, and then no weight loss or a gain. I also wonder if I'm falling into that game-playing trap. Is it about losing weight, the challenge, or living a fit life? I have to admit a large part of me loves the weight loss part.

I went into the office the other day and a co-worker was going on and on about how good I looked. I guess she hasn't seen me since the weight loss. I like that attention. But, is all this hard worked so that others can give me attention or that I can feel better?

I've been taking a different approach lately and focusing on the healthy lifestyle choices I am making. I didn't even recognize myself the other day. I was soooooo tempted to have a piece of this gooey, pecan ice cream, turtle thing Crystal has in the freezer. I took one look at it and then thought, no way! I made myself a triple berry smoothie instead. I stuck half of it in the freezer and drank the other half. Problem solved.

I've got to also take a closer look at my caloric intake. I'm not on any particular diet or eating plan. I want to learn how to eat like a "regular" person. I've been working on portion control, whole grains, and fresh fruits and veggies.

Today, this weekend I purchased collard greens, green beans, Arkansas black apples (never had them before - best apple ever), greek yogurt (never had it before - had some for breakfast this morning - love it), ginger granola, sliced almonds, and shrimp.

I still haven't uploaded pics of my meals because I'm having technical difficulties. I think I need a new computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment