My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Thursday, October 10, 2013

Good Grief!

Well, I'm back. I was in such a funk last week. I finally forced my butt out of the door. I had every intention of running my usually two miles today. For whatever reason, at the last minute, I decided I was going to run a 5K. I have 16 days until the Big Pumpkin 5K. I was a little worried since I hadn't worked out in a week. The self doubt was back. I quickly reminded myself that a week of non-activity was not going to overshadow my weeks of training. I haven't tried a 5K since my September 12. I took it slow and managed to finish. It felt really good.

This grief has been pretty hard to shake. However, I know I am just feeling sorry for myself. My friend is at peace. I must go on with my life. I do not want to take the gift of life for granted. Running, sweating, breathing hard, feeling the air on my face made me feel so alive today.

Next week I am planning to go over a run part of the route. I'm feeling pretty confident that I can run the entire race non-stop. Big Pumpkin Run here I come!






No comments:

Post a Comment