My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, October 26, 2013

Big Pumpkin 5K


Well it's over! I am going to be honest and say I am disappointed in my performance:


Sheila,
Your 5K time was 58:11

Your pace was 18:46/M

You were number 945 overall

You were number 43 of 45 in your age group 50-54


I have to take a step back and be very grateful that I was able to complete the race. I also have to take into consideration the course was changed at the last minute. The original course was mostly flat. I'm glad they at least made an announcement that the course had been changed. My takeaway from this is to be prepared for whatever comes. This is the second time I've experienced a course being changed. I am glad that the race is still a Peachtree Road Race qualifier. So, for the Turkey Trot, I will be working on hills more often.

It was very hard for me to stay focused on my race. I kept wanting to push myself much too soon. I started to panic before the first mile. It was clear from the very beginning I was going to be at the back of the pack. Before we completed the first half mile, there was a steep hill. I reminded myself to forget about my time and just work on running as much as possible. I also reminded myself that there was no shame in walking. Although I was disappointed in myself for walking up those hills, I am proud of myself for giving it my best shot.

So, between now and Thanksgiving Day, I will be working on my aversion to hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment