My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, November 30, 2013

Cold Weather Running

Now that my November 5k has passed, I'm thinking about how to improve my training for my December 5k. Thankfully, I have not signed up yet. I'm having second thoughts about it. Part of my fee from The Turkey Day 5k I didn't go to on Thursday went to charity. I'm bummed I didn't earn a t-shirt. I don't think I want to spend another $25 and run the risk that I will not run. Since I'm so slow, cold weather running is just not for me...at this point.

I did okay on Thursday. Usually when I run on the treadmill my knees ache for days. I was a little sore but not too sore to jump back on the treadmill later on today. So, I think I'm going to do most of my cold weather running on the treadmill. For December I may to do a virtual 5k:


There's no t-shirt, but you will get a medal if you post your time. If I sign up for this virtual 5k, I'll have the option of completing it outside, if weather permits. The downside, it's not a Peachtree Qualifier like the Santa on the Square 5k.

No comments:

Post a Comment