My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, November 16, 2013

There is no shame in walking

Today I had to have a tough pep talk with myself. I am letting what I want to accomplish in my running overshadow what I have accomplished. I am a runner. So what if I take walk breaks here and there. I have run 3 miles nonstop. I will do it again, eventually. Consistency is what is holding me back. Consistency with my training. Consistency with my nutrition.

Last week I wanted the Badwater Ultramarathon. The runners took walk breaks and thought nothing of it. Today I was watching the Ironman World Championship and there were plenty of people who walked across the finish line. Why am I beating myself up about walking? I really need to get over myself. If I am going to reach my goal of running in the Peachtree Road Race next year and need to get in gear.



No comments:

Post a Comment