My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Thursday, November 28, 2013

Turkey Day 5k

Happy Thanksgiving! Today I am very grateful for my health. I am grateful for the willingness to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Although I am not where I'd like to be, I am a grateful for where I am. I've made a lot of progress.

Today was the Turkey Day 5k. I've been worried all week because it was supposed to be cold and I do not have proper running gear for the cold. I picked up my bib last night ready to give it an honest effort. I planned to wear two pairs of pants, two pairs of socks, a long-sleeve shirt, two jackets, three hats, gloves, and ear muffs.


I woke up this morning and it was 27 degrees (but feels like 17)! No way! I'm slow. I knew I'd be out there for at least 45 minutes, on a good day. I decided I'd just do a virtual 5k at the gym. I'm kind of bummed because this was another Peachtree Qualifier. I think I have until April to do another Peachtree Qualifying race. I know it's not going to make that much of a difference in my starting wave but I do want to complete a 5k under 45 minutes. I have some work to do. Total's run: 59:25.

No comments:

Post a Comment