My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, August 4, 2012

Week Six, Day Three – The Repeat

I was really anxious today.  Actually, I've been anxious since Wednesday. What if I can’t complete this again? I did my best to visualize my workout and then stay present.  During my first run I realized that my body is not working as hard as my mind thinks it is.  I was able to relax into a comfortable breathing rhythm and enjoy my run.  The last five minutes of the first run were kind of hard but I reminded myself that I’ve run up that little incline many times before.  Today was no different.  I recovered during my three minute walk and finished strong with the ten minute run.  It wasn’t as bad as it was on Wednesday for a number of reasons.  The two most important:

1.       The weather wasn’t as humid.   There was a nice cool breeze.

2.       I had a good night’s rest.

So, Week Six is behind me now.  I still can’t believe my progress.  I had to laugh at myself today.  While driving I saw this really nice park with a path and thought, hmm… that would be a nice place to run.  The funny part was that I was soooo lost at the time.  I had no idea where I was.  I did the same thing yesterday.  I made a mental note to change my route in a few weeks to incorporate more inclines.  I realized the perfect (for me) spot to start. 
I also had swim lesson today.  It sucked! It's my own fault I didn't go to the pool and practice at all this week.  You better believe I'll be in the pool tomorrow.  Next week is my last lesson.  I want to be able to swim a lap and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment