My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Week Eight, Day One


Week Eight, Day One! I cannot believe it.  Although I am happy about my progress, I find myself obsessing about my speed.  I made the mistake of figuring out my distance.  I ran 28 minutes today and barely ran two miles.  I am nowhere near 3.1 miles!  I’m reading The Courage to Start and there’s a warning against worrying about speed when you first start running.  I just remember walking my first 5K and coming in second to last.  While I was happy about finishing, I did have hopes of doing much better.  I know that the only person I’m competing with is my self.  I guess I need to do a better job of focusing on the fact that eight weeks ago I could barely run for two minutes so completing barely two miles is a pretty big deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment