My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, August 26, 2012

I am a real runner


Our slowness is not a measure of our value.  Not as individuals, not as runners.  We are slow, but we are real. ~ John Bingham, The Courage to Start


While I was reading The Courage to Start today, I was struck by the quote above.  It comes right on time.  Saturday I was working on increasing my pace and decided later on that day I should consider working on building my endurance.  For me, endurance is more important than speed. 

The issue is that there are some that have been asking me about my pace and how much distance I’m covering in the 30 minutes, etc.  I need to dismiss all the internal chatter than says I should be fast enough or that prompts me to compare myself with others.

To compare myself with others or worry about how fast (or slow in my case) I’m going is to set up me for defeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment