Today is National Love Your Body Day. Check out:
10 Ways to Love Your Body
1. Indulge on your own terms. Whether it's fresh veggies from the Farmer's Market, or a pint of Häagen Dazs Vanilla Fudge ice cream or loving your body is also about loving your taste buds every once in a while.
2. Stretch your mind and body. Yoga—gentle yoga that encompasses relaxation and a healthy lifestyle, as well as meditative yoga—can bring one to the consciousness of their unique inner being. Yoga can rejuvenate the mind and body and teach us how to care for ourselves.
3. Read. It can be a source of entertainment, a way to catch up on current events or an educational tool. Several books have been published on loving your body—get some new ideas!
4. Throw a private party. It worked for India.Arie and it can work for you too. Take a day for yourself and yourself only. Turn off your cell and log out of your instant messenger. Just spend the day looking in the mirror and exploring your body. Once the celebration is over you'll realize that you learn something new everyday.
5. Laugh out Loud. This isn't just an Internet acronym spelled out. It's an action that will do your body some good. Don't be afraid to show the world your smile. It's contagious.
6. Have safe sex. Loving our bodies is about keeping them healthy and free from diseases. And besides, there's nothing like getting a two for one on Love Your Body Day.
7. Spend time with your family. Whether it's a pet or partner, your spouse or a sibling, quality time is a must-have in nurturing relationships which in turn nurture and love your body.
8. Listen to positive music. Developing a theme song can do wonders for your body esteem and your overall outlook.
9. Develop a creative outlet. Everyone needs a medium to express daily stress and frustrations constructively. Maybe you're a photographer, writer, poet or all three. Maybe you can knit, make shapes out of clay or finger paint. Loving your body is also about loving your mind.
10. Contribute to NOW Foundation so that they continue to give great ideas through the Love Your Body Campaign (P.S. It's even tax-deductible!). Send us your ideas.
There are some very interesting stories of women sharing what they love about their bodies on the fitness magazine web site.
I admire their self-confidence about their bodies. I have none brave self-confidence BUT I am learning! So….what do I love about my body....
I love what my body is capable of doing. I love how my body is responding to exercise. I love how weeks ago I could barely do two minutes on the Elliptical and today I did 11 minutes. I love how months ago I could barely walk around the block and now I can say I’ve done three 5Ks.
1 month ago